The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy has been one of my favorite book of the year, I typically enjoy the most of fantasy books and of imaginary worlds and tales, so I found very intriguing the story behind the book.

Honestly as I was reading, I found many unexpected turn of events on what direction I thought the novel was going to take, which obviously maintained me reading it because I was never certain what was going to happen, one that impressed me the most, was at the beginning, although I did not know much what the novel was going to be about I was very surprised when the earth was blown so quick and without much hassle just at the beginning of the story.

Another thing that I liked about the novel was its humor, it was sometimes quite subtle or maybe sometimes it was unintended but one of my favorites was when they were bothering Arthur to move so they could demolish his house a build a bypass and then the same happens but with earth, they destroy to build an intergalactic bypass, I found that very funny. As a geek myself I learned from a very early age that the meaning of life was 42 but never knew where the reference came from or what it meant, but it is still today something I have present and sometimes make a joke about, now I know it all came from the deep thought computer, which it reminds me to the IBM compute Deep blue I imagine the name has something to do with that although nowadays has more simile with the Watson computer.

At the end of the day I really enjoyed the story and the characters within, after finishing the book I felt intrigued in watching the movie and maybe someday soon I will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making compiler design relevant for students

Mother of Compilers

Ruby and the Interpreter Pattern